Saturday, May 4, 2013

Poland internship


 In Poland I got a very warm welcome. Each person who I met was so nice and friendly… even if I was with huge luggage in a big city at the wrong station at 3 a.m. There were always people who helped me. So one of the first feelings I had was feeling of safety!
Torun is the birthplace of the astronomer Nicolaus Copernicus, in list of UNESCO World Heritage Site. Gothic architecture, the spirit of Teutonic Knigths, live music, cozy pubs, gingerbread and ice-cream – this is atmosphere of Torun’s streets. Great, isn't it?
My internship was in Ecological Organization, where I participated in the development of scenarios and preparation of events open to the residents.
My colleague and I lived in a hotel of the recreation complex where the organization and forest school worked and a lot of events took place. Moreover, I could learn hotel administration at practice. So home, work, study and distraction – all this activities were so interesting and …in one single place! =)
Although we were only two interns, we didn't feel all alone at. From the first step at the train station till the last hugs on the same station we were surrounded with AIESEC-ers (those 24/7 funny and smiling people) and interns from other projects. And with these GREAT PEOPLE are connected my most vivid and precious memories. Together we traveled through Poland and reached the Baltic Sea, partied hard and spent a wonderful time.
Communicating with a whole bunch of different people (now I know at least one person from each continent  ), quest for a common language with them, other country’s life and culture, splendid cities and landscape – it was an amazing trip and fantastic experience! I want one more time! =)

By Olga Neamtu
Source:here

No comments:

Post a Comment